Welcome to NewsUW’s terms and conditions page! These terms and conditions govern your use of our website and any content or services that we provide. By using our website, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should not use our website.
- Use of Our Website You may use our website for personal and non-commercial purposes only. You may not use our website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to your use of our website.
- User Content You may submit user-generated content to our website, such as comments, articles, or other material. By submitting user-generated content to our website, you grant NewsUW a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, and irrevocable license to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works from your user-generated content in any media now known or hereafter developed.
You represent and warrant that you have the necessary rights to grant the above license and that your user-generated content does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Intellectual Property All content on our website, including text, graphics, logos, images, and software, is the property of NewsUW or its content suppliers and is protected by United States and international copyright laws.
You may not use any content on our website without our express written permission. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, or display any content on our website for any commercial purpose.
- Disclaimer of Warranties We provide our content and services “as is” and do not make any warranties or representations regarding the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the information provided on our website. We disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- Limitation of Liability We are not liable for any damages or losses that may result from your use of our website or any content or services that we provide. In no event shall NewsUW or its affiliates, licensors, or content providers be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profits, arising out of your use of our website or any content or services that we provide.
- Indemnification You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NewsUW and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensors from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our website or any content or services that we provide, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
- Governing Law These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States. Any disputes arising from these terms and conditions or your use of our website will be resolved in accordance with the laws of the United States.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to review these terms and conditions periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
- Termination We may terminate your access to our website at any time, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account.
- Severability If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid, the remaining provisions shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Thank you for your interest in NewsUW, and we hope that you find our content informative and helpful.