1. “Driver stages kidnapping of family members to extort money; arrested by Pune police”
– A 45-year-old driver is arrested for orchestrating the kidnapping of his daughter and niece in order to extort money from his mother-in-law.
– Police became suspicious of the driver’s movements and inconsistencies in his alibi, leading to his arrest.
2. “Pune man arrested for staging kidnapping of niece and daughter for ransom”
– A man in Pune is taken into custody for faking the abduction of his 15-year-old daughter and 2-year-old niece to demand a ransom of Rs 10 lakh.
– The police discovered that the man was aware of a property sale by his mother-in-law and planned to extort money from her.