– YG Entertainment shares surged by 3% following reports that Blackpink will continue as a group under the label.
– Individual members of Blackpink will not be renewing their exclusive contracts with YG Entertainment, but the group has agreed to continue group activities under the label.
– The exclusive contracts between each member and YG Entertainment were not signed, and members plan to carry out individual activities and come together only for Blackpink activities.
– Two members have already signed a contract to continue Blackpink’s activities, although their names were not disclosed.
– This development comes after previous reports that three members of Blackpink were not going to renew their contracts with YG Entertainment, which caused shares to plunge by 9% and 13% on two occasions.
With these key highlights in mind, the article could be structured as follows:
H2 Blackpink to Continue as Group Under YG Entertainment, Shares Surge
In a surprising turn of events, K-pop agency YG Entertainment experienced a 3% surge in shares following reports that the popular girl group Blackpink has agreed to continue group activities under the label. This decision comes after previous speculation that members of the group were not going to renew their contracts with the company, causing shares to plunge.
South Korean outlet Munhwa Ilbo reported that while individual members of Blackpink will not be renewing their exclusive contracts with YG Entertainment, the group has collectively agreed to continue their activities under the label. The exclusive contracts between each member and the company were not signed, signaling a shift towards more individual activities while coming together for Blackpink-related endeavors.
This latest development marks a significant shift in the ongoing contract saga involving the four-member group, composed of Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa. Earlier reports had caused shares of YG Entertainment to plummet by 9% and 13%, with speculation that three members were not going to renew their contracts with the label.
In a statement released in their quarterly report, YG Entertainment confirmed that negotiations regarding Blackpink’s contract are ongoing, with the company set to disclose the results at a later date. The uncertainty surrounding the group’s future had caused concern among fans and investors alike, given Blackpink’s status as one of YG’s most successful acts.
The recent surge in shares following the news of Blackpink’s decision underscores the group’s significance within the K-pop industry. YG Entertainment cited Blackpink’s recent world tour, which attracted a staggering 2.11 million people across 66 performances in 34 cities, as a testament to their global appeal and commercial success.
As the future of Blackpink continues to unfold, the decision to maintain the group’s activities under YG Entertainment has brought a sense of relief to fans and investors, signaling a new chapter for the beloved K-pop sensation.