1. Rightfully Sewn: Reviving KC’s Garment Industry Through Community and Workforce Development
– Rightfully Sewn aims to restore KC’s once-thriving garment industry by nurturing local fashion talent and creating a skilled labor force.
– With a focus on workforce development and training, Rightfully Sewn hopes to reestablish KC as a major market for American-made garments.
2. From Boom to Bust: KC’s Garment District Makes a Comeback with Rightfully Sewn
– KC’s Garment District was once a thriving hub of clothing production, but declined due to globalization and changing trends.
– Rightfully Sewn seeks to revive the district by teaching sewing skills and supporting employment opportunities for refugees, immigrants, and marginalized individuals in the garment industry.