Tech Stories from Around the Web: August 26 Edition
1. Meta is developing an AI-powered universal language translator called SeamlessM4T that can instantly convert any language into desired output.
2. AI-powered brain implants have made significant breakthroughs in helping paralyzed individuals communicate more accurately and efficiently.
3. Rocket Lab’s successful re-flight of a Rutherford Engine showcases the growing trend of rocket reuse in the commercial space industry.
4. Researchers have developed a robot called RoboMapper that can search for solar cell materials 14 times faster than manual exploration methods.
5. Apptronik’s humanoid robot, Apollo, demonstrates its capabilities in performing various tasks such as walking, unloading trailers, and palletizing.
6. India’s successful lunar landing mission, Chandrayaan-3, paves the way for future space exploration plans including sending astronauts to space and missions to Mars and Venus.
7. Walmart partners with Alphabet’s Wing for drone deliveries, expanding its reach to an additional 60,000 homes in the Dallas area.
8. Stephen King discusses how his books were used to train AI models and the implications for artificial intelligence in the creative industry.