– Clinical trial finds psilocybin effective in relieving major depression symptoms
– Psilocybin treatment shows sustained response and potential for remission in some patients
“New Clinical Trial Confirms Psilocybin’s Efficacy in Treating Major Depression”
– A recent phase 2 clinical trial has provided further evidence of the potential of psilocybin, derived from magic mushrooms, to alleviate major depression symptoms.
– The study involved 104 participants diagnosed with major depressive disorder, who were randomly assigned either a psilocybin capsule or a placebo. The effects of the treatment were assessed using a depression rating scale over a six-week period.
– Results showed that participants who received psilocybin experienced a significant reduction in depression scores, with a sustained response observed in some patients. However, it is important to note that psychedelic therapies are not a universal solution for mental illness.