1. “Tech Sector Adds Over 12,000 Jobs, While Overall Tech Occupations Decline, According to CompTIA Analysis”
– Technology sector companies saw employment growth of 12,643 positions, led by new hiring in IT and custom software services and systems design, as well as cloud infrastructure and data processing.
– However, tech occupations throughout the economy declined by 189,000 positions, with the unemployment rate for tech occupations rising slightly to 2.1%.
2. “Employer Tech Job Postings Remain Strong at 208,000 for the Month”
– Despite a slight decline of 1.4% from the previous month, employer job postings for future tech hiring totaled nearly 208,000 in August.
– In-demand occupations include information security analysts, software developers, tech support specialists, computer systems analysts, and data scientists.