“Major Data Breaches and University Data Breach in Australia Today”
1. Paramount Entertainment Giant Hit by Data Breach:
– Paramount’s systems were hacked between May and June 2023.
– Less than 100 individuals’ personal information, including names, date of birth, and identification numbers, may have been accessed.
2. Forever 21 Retailer Also Suffers Data Breach:
– Forever 21 experienced a three-month data breach starting in January 2023.
– The personal information of over half a million individuals, including employees’ data and bank account numbers, was compromised.
3. University of Sydney Reports Third-Party Data Breach:
– The University of Sydney detected a data breach involving a third-party provider.
– Personal data of recently applied and enrolled international applicants was accessed, but no domestic students, staff, alumni, or donors’ data was affected.
4. Elon Musk’s Twitter Collecting Biometric and Employment Data:
– The details of what biometric data Twitter is looking for remain unclear.
5. NBN Co Releases Corporate Plan:
– NBN Co has published its latest corporate plan outlining its future upgrades and initiatives.
– The plan includes upgrading up to 90% of its FTTN customers to FTTP ‘Home Ultrafast’ by the end of 2025.
BONUS ITEM: Bethesda’s Pete Hines Excuses Starfield Fans:
– Bethesda’s head of publishing posted an excuse note on Twitter for fans eagerly awaiting the release of Starfield on September 6.
– The note humorously acknowledges fans’ anticipation and playfully excuses any feverish behavior.