UN Chief to Attend Four Major Summits Ahead of U.N. General Assembly
1. Secretary-General António Guterres will attend the Africa Climate Summit, the ASEAN summit, the G20 summit, and the G77 summit before the U.N. General Assembly.
– At the Africa Climate Summit, Guterres will address the injustices faced by African countries in dealing with climate change and advocate for global efforts to prioritize renewable energy in Africa.
– At the ASEAN summit, Guterres will promote ASEAN as a bridge-builder and work towards resolving the Myanmar conflict sparked by the military coup.
– At the G20 summit, Guterres will urge major emitters to accelerate their emissions reductions and support countries affected by climate change.
– At the G77 summit, Guterres will focus on getting the 2030 U.N. development goals back on track, including ending extreme poverty and hunger.