1. “Unprecedented Case: 8cm Parasitic Roundworm Removed from Woman’s Brain, Solving Mystery Behind Her Debilitating Symptoms”
– A 64-year-old woman in Australia had an 8cm parasitic roundworm removed from her brain after experiencing forgetfulness and depression.
– The case, which is unprecedented in medical history, was solved through surgical intervention and the worm was identified as a third-stage larva of the Ophidascaris robertsi nematode species.
2. “Woman’s Brain Infested by 8cm Parasitic Roundworm: Uncovering the Source of Her Mysterious Symptoms”
– A woman in Australia had a motile helminth, or parasitic roundworm, living in her brain, causing her symptoms of abdominal pain, cough, night sweats, forgetfulness, and depression.
– It is believed that she inadvertently ingested the worm’s eggs by consuming contaminated vegetation, leading to the larvae traveling to her brain and compromising her immune system.